Christmas SVG Files
Christmas is celebrated on December 25 and is both a sacred religious holiday and a worldwide cultural and commercial phenomenon. For two millennia, people around the world have been observing it with traditions and practices that are both religious and secular in nature.
Christians celebrate Christmas Day as the anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, a spiritual leader whose teachings form the basis of their religion. Popular customs include exchanging gifts, decorating Christmas trees, attending church, sharing meals with family and friends and, of course, waiting for Santa Claus to arrive. December 25—Christmas Day—has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1870.
While some believe that Valentine’s Day is celebrated in the middle of February to commemorate the anniversary of Valentine’s death or burial—which probably occurred around A.D. 270—others claim that the Christian church may have decided to place St. Valentine’s feast day in the middle of February in an effort to “Christianize” the pagan celebration of Lupercalia. Celebrated at the ides of February, or February 15, Lupercalia was a fertility festival dedicated to Faunus, the Roman god of agriculture, as well as to the Roman founders Romulus and Remus.
Christmas Sales & Deals for Gifts, Costumes, Decor and More:
Christmas Cricut & Silhouette Cameo Ideas
Looking for Christmas SVG ? Our designs, which have completely transparent background and can be easily used on any floor, are available cricut in svg, png, jpg, dxf formats. You can make noel digital designs ready for use very easily using the most popular printing machines. The most important feature of our christmas svg clipart designs is that they offer unique christmas decor looks for you or your customers. Because we are aware that a true style is only possible with unique designs. While we are preparing our bundle special designs, we envisioned each type of product you can use these designs one by one:In Christmas category you can find a Grinch Face, Disney Christmas Ornament, Holiday Xmas Craft, New Year, Merry Christmas tree and more svg products.
Handmade Christmas Gifts
Christmas SVG Designs
Christmas Gift Suggestions
- Each year, 30-35 million real Christmas trees are sold in the United States alone. There are about 21,000 Xmas tree growers in the United States, and trees usually grow for about 15 years before they are sold.
- In the Middle Ages, celebrations were rowdy and raucous—a lot like today’s Mardi Gras parties.
- When Christmas was cancelled: From 1659 to 1681, the celebration was outlawed in Boston, and law-breakers were fined five shillings.
- Christmas was declared a federal holiday in the United States on June 26, 1870.
- The first eggnog made in the United States was consumed in Captain John Smith’s 1607 Jamestown settlement.
- Poinsettia plants are named after Joel R. Poinsett, an American minister to Mexico, who brought the red-and-green plant from Mexico to America in 1828.
- The Salvation Army has been sending Santa Claus-clad donation collectors into the streets since the 1890s.
- Rudolph, “the most famous reindeer of all,” was the product of Robert L. May’s imagination in 1939. The copywriter wrote a poem about the reindeer to help lure customers into the Montgomery Ward department store.
- Construction workers started the Rockefeller Center Xmas tree tradition in 1931.
- The iconic version of Santa Claus as a jolly man in red with a white beard and a sack of toys was immortalized in 1881, when political cartoonist Thomas Nast drew on Moore’s poem to create the image of Old Saint Nick we know today.
- Also around this time, English author Charles Dickens created the classic holiday tale, A Christmas Carol. The story’s message-the importance of charity and good will towards all humankind-struck a powerful chord in the United States and England and showed members of Victorian society the benefits of celebrating the holiday.